Motion Control Made Simpler
The MELSEC L-series Simple Motion modules achieve advanced Motion controls while being simple to use similar to Positioning modules.
High-speed Synchronous Network SSCNETIII/H
- Communications speed is increased to 150 Mbps full duplex (equivalent to 300 Mbps half duplex), three times faster than the conventional speed.
- System response is dramatically improved.
- Smooth control of a machine is possible using high-speed serial communications with a cycle time of 0.222 ms.
- Synchronous communications are achieved with SSCNETIII/H, offering technical advantages for machines that require deterministic control.
- Long distance wiring is possible up to 3200 m (10498.69 ft.) per system (maximum of 100 m (328.08 ft.) between stations x control axes up to 32 axes), suitable for large-scale systems.
- SSCNETIII/H compatible and SSCNETIII compatible servo amplifiers can be used together.(The communications speed when SSCNETIII compatible products are used together in the same system: 150 Mbps full duplex)
(Note): SSCNET (Servo System Controller Network)
Gain more flexibility with an integrated system bus structure
Save space in control panels by utilizing the integrated system bus structure.
Flexibility in system design is made possible by choosing only the required expansion modules for the application.
The start of positioning operation by the Simple Motion module is programmed in PLC CPU.
The Simple Motion module starts operation from the designated positioning data No. and continues operation until the operation pattern ends.
- To respond to various applications, a machine can be controlled by various control methods such as linear interpolation control, 2-axis circular interpolation control, fixed-pitch feed control, and continuous trajectory control.
- Automatic operation can be executed by setting the positioning addresses and speeds, etc., to a sequence program.
- Powerful sub-functions are available such as M codes, skip function, speed change function, and target position change function.
Synchronous Control, Cam Control
Synchronous control can be easily achieved with software by placing mechanical modules on screen, such as the gear, shaft, speed change gear and cam.
- The Synchronous control is easily performed with parameter settings. There is no need to create complicated programs.
- Synchronous control is started/stopped on axis-by-axis basis. The synchronous control axis and positioning control axis can exist together in a program.
- The movement amount of main shaft is transmitted to the output axis via the clutch.
Speed-Torque Control (Tightening & Press-fit Control)
Tension control application such as unwinding and rewinding are available with the Simple Motion module. Since the current position is controlled even during the speed-torque control, the positioning based on the absolute position coordinates is possible after switching from the speed-torque control back to the position control.
(Note): The tightening & press-fit control can be achieved with QD77MS/LD77MS.
High Compatibility with the Previous Models
The Simple Motion module (LD77MH) projects and sequence programs are easily diverted to the Simple Motion module (LD77MS).
MELSOFT GX Works2 helps you create engineering environment
● Positioning data setting
Functions such as Data setting assistant, and Automatic calculation of auxiliary arc simplify the setting input process of positioning data.
● Synchronous Control Parameter Settings
Complex synchronous control can be executed just by setting it intuitively using the graphical screen.
Simple Motion module
The MELSEC-L series Simple Motion module achieves various controls including synchronous and cam controls with an excellent ease of use similar to Positioning modules.
|Simple Motion Module|
|Servo amplifier connection method||SSCNETIII/H (150Mbps)|
|Maximum distance between stations [m(ft.)]||100(328.08)|
|Connectable servo amplifier||MR-J4(W)-B|
|Number of control axes||Up to 16 axes||Up to 4 axes||Up to 2 axes|
|Operation cycle[ms]||0.88/1.77||From 0.888|
|Engineering Environment||Simple Motion Module Setting Tool (Note-1) MR Configurator2|
|Control modes||PTP (Point To Point) control, Position control, Speed control, Torque control, |
Tightening & press-fit control, Cam control, Advanced synchronous control,
2 axes/3 axes/4 axes Linear interpolation, 2 axes Circular interpolation, Trajectory control,
Speed-position switching control (ABS/INC), Position-speed switching control (INC)
|Control unit||mm, inch, degree, PLS|
|Number of positioning data||600 data (positioning data No. 1 to 600)/axis|
(Can be set with MELSOFT GX Works2 or a sequence program.)
|Acceleration/deceleration process||Trapezoidal acceleration/deceleration, S-curve acceleration/deceleration|
|Manual control||JOG operation, Manual pulse generator operation, Inching operation|
|Functions that change control details||Current value change, Speed change function, Target position change function, Torque limit value change, |
Speed change, Override function, Acceleration/deceleration time change function
|Home position return method||Proximity dog method, Count method 1, Count method 2, Data set method, |
Scale home position signal detection method
|Auxiliary functions||Forced stop function, Hardware stroke limit function, Software stroke limit function, Absolute position system, |
Amplifier-less operation function, Unlimited length feed, Optional data monitor function,
Mark detection function, Flash ROM backup, Module error collection function, M-code output function,
Digital oscilloscope function, Cam auto-generation function, Safety observation, Driver communication
|Number of I/O occupying points||32 points (I/O allocation: Intelligent function module, 32 points)|
|5VDC internal current consumption [A]||0.70||0.55|
(Note-1): Simple Motion Module Setting Tool is included in MELSOFT GX Works2.