MELSEC iQ-R series
การพัฒนาประสิทธิภาพของระบบโดยรวมจำเป็นต้องพัฒนาส่วนประกอบุกส่วนเพื่อให้เกิดประสิทธิภาพสูงสุด ตัวควบคุมระบบเซอร์โวของซีรีส์ MELSEC iQ-R เป็นตัวเลือกที่ชาญฉลาดและคุ้มค่าที่จะช่วยคุณพัฒนาประสิทธิภาพในทุกด้าน
The MELSEC iQ-R series is provided with sophisticated dual engines: the PLC CPU engine for machine control and the Motion CPU engine for Motion control. The engines respectively process different types of control based on the characteristic of each engine while working together on data through a high-speed system bus. CPU loads are significantly distributed by these dual engines compared with a single engine, enabling any equipment to maximize its performance, even for a load change machine or multi-axis equipment
The MELSERVO-J4 series servo amplifier is an environmentally and user friendly product, while offering industry-leading level of performance. Connecting the amplifiers to "SSCNETIII/H" optical network enables high-speed and high-accuracy control with the MR-J4 dedicated engine and high-resolution encoder.
Select the most suitable combination of CPU engines that can reduce cost and maximize machine performance to the fullest from our extensive product line. Efficiency in designing and debugging is also improved.
Programming efficiency matters when it comes to productivity. The MELSEC iQ-R series optimizes all procedures, from designing, debugging, to startup.
Equipped with advanced dual engines that are only possible with our cutting-edge iQ platform technology, the MELSEC iQ-R series takes a step further to accelerate the equipment revolution by collaborating with our partner companies. Now, a wide variety of SSCNETIII/H compatible partner products are available, such as stepping motors and direct drive motors.
The MELSEC iQ-R series Motion controller is capable of various controls such as positioning control, speed control, torque control, tightening & press-fit control, advanced synchronous control and cam control, etc. They are applied to various machines such as X-Y tables, unwinding machines, packing machines and filling machines.
A combination of Mitsubishi's advanced PLC system, servo amplifiers, servo motors, and servo networks offers exceptional solutions that allow you to maximize your system's productivity.
Higher Basic Performance and Further Improved Total System Performance
Experience Powerful Performance of Multiple CPU with Ease of Use Just Like Using One CPU
You can select either the Motion CPU or the PLC CPU based on the application, allowing you to configure a system more flexibly.
The easy-to-understand flowchart form is adopted by Motion SFC for Motion control programming.
Also, the direct positioning start instruction allows you to program Motion control, such as positioning and synchronous controls, just with sequence programs.
Motion CPU Memory Expansion
- The cam working area has been expanded to 16M bytes, enabling you to use more cam data with higher resolution.
- The device memory has been increased to 128k words, so even multi-axis equipment requiring more devices can be applied
- The cam data storage area has been expanded to 12M bytes. SD card is also available for storing cam data.
Ease of Use Achieved by a State-of-art CPU Buffer MemoryRevolutionary
The high-speed, high-capacity CPU buffer memory revolutionizes the data exchange between CPUs.
The PLC CPU and the Motion CPU each have a CPU buffer memory. And those buffer memories are efficiently utilized for two different purposes.
- The 2M words CPU buffer memory (Motion CPU side) is provided as standard, which is utilized for bulky data transmission and fast data updating.
- The CPU buffer memory (fixed-cycle communication area) allows 24 k words (4 CPUs in total) transmission between the PLC CPU and the Motion CPU every 0.222 ms. It is perfectly suited for receiving/transmitting highly synchronized data between multiple CPUs.
CPU Buffer MemoryProductivityEngineering
The Motion CPU and the PLC CPU are equipped with 2 M words and 512 k words CPU buffer memories respectively.
They allow for bulky data transmission and fast data update.
Example of using PLC CPU buffer memory
Bulky data such as cam data can be transferred by just a one-time transmission through the 512 k word buffer memory.
Example of using Motion CPU buffer memory
The data that is set on Motion CPU side can be reflected to the interlock in the sequence program without any delay.
CPU Buffer Memory (Fixed-cycle Communication Area)
Data can be transmitted every 0.222 ms between the PLC CPU and the Motion CPU. The CPU buffer memories (fixed-cycle communication area) are synchronized to the Motion control, optimizing the operation.
Motion SFC Program
The Motion control
program is described in flowchart form using the Motion SFC (Sequential
Function Chart) format.
The Motion SFC format program is suitable for event processing and allows the Motion CPU to perform batch control of multiple sequential machine operations, pursuing high event responsiveness.
Flowchart description is easy to
read and understand
· The machine operation procedure is visualized in the program by using the flowchart descriptions.
· A process control program can be created easily, and control details can be visualized.
Controlling sequential machine operation using
the Motion CPU
· Servo control, I/O control, and operation commands can be combined in the Motion SFC program.
· Motion SFC program can execute servo control by itself, eliminating the need of creating the sequence program for servo control.
High-speed Synchronous Network SSCNETIII/H
§ Communications speed is increased to 150 Mbps full duplex (equivalent to 300 Mbps half duplex), three times faster than the conventional speed.
System response is dramatically improved.
§ Smooth control of a machine is possible using high-speed serial communications with a cycle time of 0.222 ms.
§ Synchronous communications are achieved with SSCNETIII/H, offering technical advantages for machines that require deterministic control.
§ Long distance wiring is possible up to 3200 m (10498.69 ft.) per system (maximum of 100 m (328.08 ft.) between stations x control axes up to 32 axes), suitable for large-scale systems.
§ SSCNETIII/H compatible and SSCNETIII compatible
servo amplifiers can be used together.
(The communications speed when SSCNETIII compatible products are used together in the same system: 150 Mbps full duplex)
(Note): SSCNET (Servo System Controller Network)
A variety of positioning controls, such as PTP control, position follow-up, and continuous trajectory control are available with the Motion controller.
Basic Positioning Control
· To respond to various applications, the Motion controller offers various control methods such as PTP control, speed control, speed-position switching control, continuous trajectory control, position follow-up control, Speed control with fixed position stop, and high-speed oscillation control, etc.
· Powerful auxiliary functions are available such as M-codes, the target position change function, the acceleration/deceleration time change function, and the advanced S-curve acceleration/deceleration.
· Positioning operation can be activated by Motion SFC, or the direct positioning start instruction by the PLC CPU, etc.
Advanced Synchronous Control
synchronous control can be achieved using software instead of controlling
mechanically with physical gears, shafts, clutches, speed change gears or cams
etc. Additionally, a cam is easily created with the cam auto-generation
function.The synchronous control can be started/ended on axis-by-axis
basis.Axes in synchronous and positioning controls can be used together in one
Speed-torque control can be performed simultaneously with the synchronous control.
All axes are synchronized using a synchronous encoder axis or a servo input axis.
Application Packing machines, printing
manufacturing machines, tire molder, etc.
Only two axes are in synchronization. Axis 2 is set as to synchronize to axis 1. The other axes are in positioning control.
Application Tandem configuration, etc.
Multiple CPU advanced synchronous control
A large system can be configured thanks to the advanced synchronous control that allows up to 192-axis synchronization with high accuracy by use of three Motion CPU modules.
Synchronous Control Parameters
· The synchronous control is easily executed just by setting parameters.
· One of the following three can be set as the input axis: Synchronous encoder axis, Command generation axis, or Servo input axis.
· "Command generation axis" is not counted as a control axis; therefore all the control axes can be used as output axes.
· The cam axis can be operated in linear operation (a rotary table, a ball screw, etc.), two-way operation, or feed operation by setting cam No. and cam data.
The machine is controlled so that the pressure commands match the pressure sensor values; therefore pressure is maintained constant even with a changing load. Each pressure process ("Feed", "Pressure maintaining", and "Pressure release") can be set with the Pressure Profile, and those processes can be tested on MELSOFT MT Works2, which makes a changeover and adjustment easy.
Multi-axis Adjustment Function
The multi-axis adjustment function enables simpler servo adjustment and quicker startup for machines executing multi-axis simultaneous operation, such as a tandem configuration.
· Multi-axis simultaneous JOG operation by specifying speed and acceleration/deceleration time
· Multi-axis simultaneous positioning
· Multi-axis simultaneous tuning by the same settings
Machine Control Function
This Motion controller
controls the simple industrial robot by installing the machine library.
The control method of the robots is a machine control which controls in a three dimensional (XYZ) Cartesian coordinates space.
Optical Hub Unit
The MR-MV200 optical hub unit can branch a single SSCNETIII/H network line in three separate directions. This enables distribution of the SSCNETIII/H compatible devices with flexible wiring arrangement. In addition, the distributed amplifier can be partly OFF for maintenance without stopping the whole system; thus, the machine availability can be improved.
· The SSCNET connect/disconnect function of the controller allows you to power off only the desired servo amplifiers.
· The optical hub unit is introduced just by making some changes in wiring without making any new settings.
· Longer-distance wiring becomes available by using the optical hub unit.
(Note): Be sure to confirm that "SSCNETIII/H" is selected in the system setting when introducing the optical hub unit.
ตัวควบคุมการเคลื่อนไหวของซีรีส์ MELSEC iQ-R ช่วยทำให้อุปกรณ์ต่างๆ ทำงานได้รวดเร็วขึ้นและแม่นยำมากขึ้น ทำให้คุณสามารถกำหนดค่าระบบเครื่องจักรโดยเฉพาะที่ไม่เหมือนใคร
Simple Motion module
โมดูลการเคลื่อนไหวพื้นฐานของซีรีส์ MELSEC iQ-R ทำให้คุณสามารถอัพเกรดเครื่องจักรได้ง่าย
The R16MTCPU, R32MTCPU and R64MTCPU Motion CPUs for the iQ-R Platform provide industry-leading performance for the most demanding motion applications for the Food and Beverage, Packaging, Automotive, and Printing industries. These motion CPUs use standard I/O modules for incremental encoders and high speed inputs, so no special hardware options are required. Serial absolute synchronous encoders are connected through the MR-J4-B-RJ servo drive.
Motion CPU R64MTCPU/R32MTCPU/R16MTCPU Module Specifications
1. Servo amplifiers for SSCNET cannot be used.
2. SSCNETIII and SSCNETIII/H cannot be combined within the same line. For R64MTCPU/R32MTCPU, SSCNETIII and SSCNETIII/H can be set for each line.
3. For half-duplex transmission, response time may be longer depending on the external device. When connecting with an external device via a switching HUB, set to full-duplex transmission.
Motion CPU R64MTCPU/R32MTCPU/R16MTCPU Module Specifications (continued)
Number of Control Axes
Up to 64 axes
Up to 32 axes
Up to 16 axes
SSCNET Communication (*1)
Number of Lines
2 lines (*2)
1 line (*2)
Distance Between Stations (Maximum) m (ft)
Combined Cable Length (Maximum) m (ft)
Number of SSCNETIII/H Head Module Connection Stations
Up to 8 stations (Up to 4 stations/line)
Up to 4 stations
Number of Optical Hub Unit Connections
Up to 32 units (Up to 16 units/line)
Up to 16 units
PERIPHERAL I/F (Ethernet)
Data Transmission Speed
Cable Length (Maximum) m (ft)
Memory Card Slot
SD/SDHC memory card compatible
SD Memory Card
Memory card capacity (Up to 32B)
Number of Stages of Extension Base
Up to 7 stages
Internal Current Consumption 5VDC (A)
Dimensions mm (inch) (H x W x D)
106.0 x 27.8 x 110.0 (4.17 x 1.09 x 4.33)
1. Servo amplifier (MR-J4-_B-LL) only.
2. Servo amplifier (MR-J4-_B-RJ) only.
3. Servo amplifier (MR-J3-_B/MR-J4-_B) only.
Operation Cycle (Default)
0.222ms/ 1 to 2 axes
0.222ms/ 1 to 2 axes
0.222ms/ 1 to 2 axes
Linear interpolation (Up to 4 axes), Circular interpolation (2 axes), Helical interpolation (3 axes)
PTP (Point to Point) control, Speed control, Speed-position switching control, Fixed-pitch feed, Continuous trajectory control, Position follow-up control, Speed control with fixed position stop, High-speed oscillation control, Speed-torque control, Pressure control (*1), Advanced synchronous control, Machine control
Trapezoidal acceleration/deceleration, S-curve acceleration/deceleration, Advanced S-curve acceleration/deceleration
Backlash compensation, Electronic gear, Phase compensation
Motion SFC, Dedicated instruction
Servo Program Capacity
Number of Positioning Points
6400 points (Positioning data can be designated indirectly)
Home Position Return Function
Proximity dog method (2 types), Count method (3 types), Data set method (2 types), Dog cradle method, Stopper method (2 types), Limit switch combined method, Scale home position signal detection method, Dogless home position signal reference method, Driver home position return method. Home position return re-try function provided, home position shift function provided
JOG Operation Function
Manual Pulse Generator Operation Function
Possible to connect 3 modules (High-speed counter module use)
Synchronous Encoder Operation Function
Possible to connect 12 modules (Via module (High-speed counter module use) + Via servo amplifier (*2) + Via device + Multiple CPU advanced synchronous control)
M-code output function provided, M-code completion wait function provided
Limit Switch Output Function
Number of output points 64 points x 2 settings Output timing compensation. Watch data: Motion control data/Word device
ROM Operation Function
Multiple CPU Advanced Synchronous Control
External Input Signal
External input signals (FLS/RLS/DOG) of servo amplifier, Bit device
Motion controller forced stop (Device), Forced stop terminal of servo amplifier
Number of I/O Points
Total 4096 points
Mark Detection Function
Mark Detection Mode Setting
Continuous detection mode, Specified number of detection mode, Ring buffer mode
Mark Detection Signal
High-speed input request signal (bit device, input signal of servo amplifier (DI1 to DI3)
Mark Detection Setting
All Clear Function
File Management Function
Available for program and parameter data, cam data, label data, sampling data etc.
Optional Data Monitor Function
Up to 14 data/axis (Communication data: Up to 6 points/axis)
Up to 14 data/axis (Communication data: Up to 3 points/axis)
Digital Oscilloscope Function
Motion buffering method (Real-time waveform can be displayed). Sampling data: Word 16CH, Bit 16CH. Offline sampling
Absolute Position System
Compatible by setting battery to servo amplifier. (Possible to select the absolute data method or incremental method for each axis)
Driver Communication Function (*3)
File Transmission at Boot Function
Parameter Change Function
Event History Function
Vibration Suppression Command Filter