MELFA F SERIES
Class leading speed, precision and ease of integration
All units are built to comply with ANSI/RIA/ISO 10218 1 2007 safety standards and are available in CE models for global acceptance. A long list of standard features as well as many powerful options makes this series a perfect choice for applications across many industries.
Versatile, High-Performance, Industrial Robots
SCARA type robots are available in ISO3 clean room, IP20, IP65, food grade, and chemical resistant versions. Payloads range from 1 kg to 20 kg with 150 mm to 1000 mm reaches.
Vertically Articulated type robots are available in ISO3 clean room, IP40, IP67, food grade, and chemical resistant versions. Payloads range from 2 kg to 70 kg with 504 mm to 2050 mm reaches.
All Mitsubishi Electric robots are covered by a full 3 year on-site parts and labor warranty, the industry’s best initial warranty.
Key Standard Features
• 64 Bit RISC Processing – Faster, more precise moves and execution
• Singularity Avoidance – Ease of programming in areas of singularity
• Built-in Collision Detection – Safety and cost savings
• Compliance Control – User-defined path forgiveness
• Multi-Task Programming – Allows tasks to be easily separated and programmed
• Single programming software package for all robot types – Efficient program development
• Plug and play interface to Cognex cameras
• Additional axis interface – Plug and play SSCNETIII connection to MR-J4 servos
• Serial encoder interface – 2 channels for conveyor tracking
• Ethernet communication port – Easy integration to vision or other accessories
• USB and RS232 – Quick connection to PC
| Intelligent Solutions|
The intelligence solution will allow robots to handle various variations. And it will be able to automate the difficult task.
| Improved control performance|
Produced the fastest operating performance in its class using high-performance motors and unique driver control technology developed by Mitsubishi Electric.
• Enabled high torque output at high rotational speed, shortening acceleration/deceleration time.
• Shortened positioning time for improved device throughput.
• Continuous operability improved
• Improved speed for the vertical movements that are so essential to horizontal multi-joint robot operation. 2400 mm/s, [RH-6FH: Twice as fast as the conventional speed]
| Optimal acceleration/deceleration control and optimal override control|
• Optimal acceleration/deceleration times and speeds set automatically based on robot operating position, posture, and load conditions.
• Load conditions are set, enabling acceleration/deceleration times and speeds to be changed automatically according to whether a workpiece is present or not.
• This enables the maximum operating speed to be produced for each task.
• Time needed to shorten cycle times reduced.
| Improved continuous operability|
Overload detection levels optimized based on the ambient temperature settings for the robot (set in the parameters). This helps improve continuous operability using load levels calculated based on actual environmental conditions for the robot axes.
The encoder temperature is monitored such that the machine is shut down due to error if the temperature exceeds the tolerable limit.
| Expanded pivotal operating range|
Improved flexibility for robot layout design considerations.
Enabling more effective use of access space around the entire perimeter including to the rear.
Shortened movement distances, enabling takt times to be shortened.
Expanding the J4 axis operating range enables the posture to be changed continuously during assembly and transport operations. It also eliminates the need for the robot to move in the opposite direction partway through an operation.
Use of a flap-style arm contributes to a slimming of customer equipment, enabling operations to be completed in even closer proximity to the robot.
| Improved tooling performance|
|Compatibility with internal Ethernet cable tools|
Internal installation of wiring and piping for connecting to vision sensors enabled.
• Hand: 8 input points/8 output points
• Ethernet cable for the vision sensor
|Internal routing of hand wiring and wiring channels|
| MELFA F series (Vertical Type) |
| MELFA F series (Horizontal Type)|
Mitsubishi FA products (F series)
In cooperation with various FA equipment, to achieve the customer's request.
Mitsubishi Electric has established various test cells for Mitsubishi products to commercialize automated manufacturing facilities using robots and robot-based cell manufacturing.
Mitsubishi Electric will find and solve difficulties in systems and each component, and apply the techniques obtained through such processes to robots, functions, and peripheral components to offer solutions meeting market demands.
System example with Mitsubishi FA products
The manufacturing industry needs to handle changing challenges relating to global competition, employment/procurement, and others.
Such challenges can be solved by the "robot-based cell manufacturing",which is suitable for high-mix and various-volume production having no restrictions on places, production volume, and lead time.
Function development for automation
Intelligence solutions including sensor applications and the integrated controller iQ Platform, iQ Monozukuri containing accumulated know-how as a package, and various engineering software facilitate plan, design operation, and maintenance of robot cells, reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO).
Higher basic performance
Industry-leading performance using advanced servo control techniques and compact arms and multi-function tools suitable for cell production will improve productivity. Cooperative operation with human using the latest safety solution will further improve productivity improvement and contribute to space saving.
The intelligence solution will allow robots to handle various variations, leading to a stable operation. Further, collected data will be converted into digital data to visualize robot maintenance information, leading to productivity and quality improvement.
MELFA F series
Mitsubishi Electric's goal is to "reduce TCO" ranging from plan and design to operation and maintenance.
Mitsubishi Electric will improve the robot performance and offer the "MELFA F series", which is equipped with "e-F@ctory" and solution techniques developed and tested at its own production plants.
F series wide range of variations
The Mitsubishi Electric robot product line is equipped with all of the basic performance features desired in a robot, such as being powerful, speedy, and compact.
The variations that Mitsubishi Electric is confident meet the needs of the current era and have pushed Factory
Automation forward in a dramatic way.